What You'll Learn
- Explain and define "the vibe".
- Improve your conversations about the vibe.
- Understand how and why people talk about the vibe.
- Apply what you’ve learned through guided exercises.
- Develop a philosophical understanding of the vibe.
- Deepen your connection to yourself, others, and the wider world.
Energy. Vibrations. Good vibes. Bad vibes. Ugly vibes. I vibe. You vibe. We vibe. It's all a vibe.
Everyone from musicians and athletes to poets and religious gurus talk about the vibe.
But what exactly are we talking about? How do we define or explain the vibe? What's its nature? Is it real or just a catchy phrase used in popular culture? How does it work? How can we experience it more deeply? How might we refine and advance our understanding of it?
If you find these questions interesting, then this course is for you!
The course addresses three main questions:
- How do people talk about the vibe?
- How might we define the vibe?
- And what is the nature of the vibe – is it physical or metaphysical, spiritual or scientific, material or immaterial?
This course is intellectual, philosophical, and knowledge-driven. But the course also includes guided meditations and visionary work to help you feel and experience the vibe.
The course is approximately two hours long, but is divided into mini-lectures, talks, and exercises. You will also get links to external resources, some suggested readings, and a free mini-workbook to aid your study of the vibe.
Let’s vibe, together!
Jason Del Gandio has a PhD in Communication Studies and has been studying the vibe for almost 30 years. He is a published author, an award-winning teacher, and an engaged intellectual. For his doctoral work, he developed his own philosophy of the vibe referred to as “bodily emanation.” He has published essays on the topic in both scholarly and popular presses. He has been interviewed for television, radio, and print media, and gives talks and workshops for a variety of audiences. He equally enjoys drifting through city landscapes and sitting quietly in natural environments. Finally, Jason is dedicated to social justice and is a lover of live music, stimulating conversation, and international travel.
If you haven't seen it already, feel free to check out 20minvibe.com